ON THIS DAY
It was on this date in 1792 that the leaders of the French revolution voted to send King Louis the 16th to the guillotine. In no time at all, he became King Louis the 15 & 7/8ths.
On this date in 1848, gas lights were installed in the White House.
Angelina's dad, John Voight, turns 71 today.
TOP FIVE EASIEST NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS TO KEEP
- To not make more than one resolution (and you're done!)
- Start smoking
- Put on 15 pounds
- Get into more arguments
- To break all my resolutions
DON'T NEED ANYMORE
(Men's Health) Bad habits. Annoying antics. Line 'em up. Cut 'em loose for 2010. Move on.
- Your cynical, bitter, pessimistic, self-depricating, angry-young-man, screaming-at-the-raindrops, making-George-Costanza-look-like Tony-Robbins-in-comparison attitude.
- Those 9th, 10th, and 11th hours of sleep on Saturday morning. Instead, do 30 pushups, run 5 miles, wash and wax your car, and watch an hour of your new Three Stooges DVD. Now you can nap.
- Whatever it is that's kept you from having a meaningful conversation with the most important person in your life for the past 3 months.
- Those pants with the waistband that's 2 hopeful inches too small.
- That subconscious (or is it?) tendency to push your kids to make up for your growing list of past failures.
- Your habit of looking solemn and using phrases like "streetwise," "life's lessons," and "Mickey Rourkeian" when talking with a woman you've just met.
- That jar of Grey Poupon in your glove compartment, "just in case."
- Your urge to recount high-school, college, bachelor-party, and hunting stories for your friends' wives and girlfriends.
- That third slice of pizza.
- Your college nickname. Especially if it's any of the following: "Booger," "Flounder," "Poopie," "Psycho," "The Hammer," or "Dime Bag."
- Those last three playground rules you've been clinging to: crossing your fingers on a promise, the triple dog dare, and never picking a girl for your team.
- Your habit of unconsciously feeling your biceps. Trust us. They're still there.